- Donald Trump Concedes Russia’s Interference in Election
- Live Highlights: 10 Key Moments and More From Trump’s News Conference
- Live Briefing: Marco Rubio Won’t Commit to Voting for Rex Tillerson
- What We Know and Don’t Know About the Trump-Russia Dossier
- Trump Received Unsubstantiated Report That Russia Had Damaging Information About Him
- Highlights of Trump's News Conference
- Sons to Run Trump Business via Trust; Ethicists Still See Conflict
- Transition Briefing: Trump Says ‘I Think It Was Russia’ That Hacked the Democrats
- Mike Pompeo, Trump’s C.I.A. Pick, Faces the Balancing Act of His Career
- A Senate Vote-a-Rama Primer, in Case You Plan to Sleep Tonight
- Donald Trump’s News Session Starts War With and Within Media
- Elaine Chao Gets Cozy Reception at Confirmation Hearing
- Head of Veterans Health System Is Trump’s Pick to Lead Veterans Affairs
- Trump, Sessions, Tillerson: Your Wednesday Evening Briefing
- California Today: California Today: The Tale of the Laguna Beach Jumper
- U.S. Charges 6 Volkswagen Executives in Emissions-Cheating Case
- Eric Holder to Lead Democrats’ Attack on Republican Gerrymandering
- Taiwan Responds After China Sends Carrier to Taiwan Strait
- As China Seeks Bigger Role on World Stage, Xi Jinping Will Go to Davos World Economic Forum
- Traveling Through the Sky in Bolivia
- Wintry Blast in Greece Imperils Refugees in Crowded Camps
- Young Symbol of Afghan Resilience Joins List of Lost Leaders
- Samsung Leader Is Named a Suspect in South Korean Bribery Inquiry
- Arms Seized Off Coast of Yemen Appear to Have Been Made in Iran
- Obama’s Final Farewell
- Obama, Saying Goodbye, Warns of Threats to National Unity
- President Obama’s Farewell Address: Full Video and Text
- Fact Free: The Real Story About Fake News Is Partisanship
- The Getaway: How to Navigate New Airline Carry-On Rules
- Public Health: You’d Be Surprised at How Many Foods Contain Added Sugar
- Istanbul Journal: Snow in Istanbul Soothes as a Balm for Fear Over Attacks
- Istanbul Covered in Snow
- Immigrants Head to Washington to Rally While Obama Is Still There
- Scientists Map Vast Peat Swamps, a Storehouse of Carbon, in Central Africa
- China, Fanning Patriotism, Adds 6 Years to War with Japan in History Books
- White and Black Police Officers Are Sharply Divided About Race, Pew Finds
- Lawsuit Accuses Michigan Doctor of Sexually Abusing Young Gymnasts
- Proposed Football League Envisions a No-College Path to the Pros
- Facebook, Nodding to Its Role in Media, Starts a Journalism Project
- Date Rape Comments by Brooklyn Police Captain Are Condemned
- Bruce Springsteen’s Archive Is Headed to Monmouth University
- Feature: Neanderthals Were People, Too
- Review: Lemony Snicket’s Creations, in a Cloud of Marvelous Gloom
- Modern Love: The Modern Love Podcast: Darby Stanchfield Reads ‘A Family That Takes “No” for an Answer’
- The Neediest Cases: Twin Strands of Music and Compassion Run Through a Life
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:58 AM PST
"As far as hacking, I think it was Russia," the president-elect said in a news conference, though he avoided questions about whether his team had contact with Russia during the campaign.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 03:36 PM PST
Pushback on a leaked intelligence report, sharp words for CNN and a new appointee for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 03:34 PM PST
Rex W. Tillerson, the longtime chief executive of Exxon Mobil and President-elect Donald J. Trump's choice for secretary of state, headlines a slate of hearings.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 08:17 AM PST
What led to reports of supposed Russian plans to try to blackmail the president-elect? There are far more questions than answers.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:28 PM PST
The material was considered so potentially explosive that the intelligence agencies decided that the president and the president-elect needed to be told and that the agencies were actively investigating it.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 09:44 AM PST
President-elect Donald J. Trump on Wednesday in New York held a news conference for the first time in six months.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 08:30 AM PST
Mr. Trump will not divest himself of his vast business empire as he prepares to assume the presidency, top officials with his company said.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:55 PM PST
Mr. Trump conceded for the first time that Russia was behind the hacking, but he vigorously denied the swirl of allegations about his ties to Russia.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:40 AM PST
Known in Congress as an unrelenting partisan, Representative Pompeo is wading into an extraordinary breach between the president-elect and the intelligence agency.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:10 PM PST
As Republicans push forward with repealing the Affordable Care Act, lawmakers are about to undertake a grueling Senate tradition.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 02:33 PM PST
He called BuzzFeed "garbage" and shouted at a CNN reporter, and the two outlets argued with each other over publishing unverified claims about him.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:41 AM PST
Ms. Chao sailed through the hearing to become transportation secretary with little difficulty, offering remarkably few specifics but many promises of cooperation.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 03:09 PM PST
If confirmed, Dr. David J. Shulkin will be the first secretary to lead the department who is not a veteran, though he has helped lead several private health care systems.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 03:24 PM PST
Here's what you need to know at the end of the day.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 05:15 AM PST
Wednesday: A daredevil breaks his feet, Los Angeles wins the George Lucas museum, and Xavier Becerra pledges to be a muscular attorney general.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:16 AM PST
The company officials charged in the case include a former head of development of the Volkswagen brand and the head of engine development.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:01 PM PST
Backed by President Obama, Mr. Holder will lead the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, a group aimed at breaking the Republican Party's grip on the congressional map.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 02:07 AM PST
Rising tensions between the two nations present a foreign policy challenge for the incoming administration of Donald J. Trump.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:49 PM PST
President Xi Jinping's appearance is China's latest attempt to compete with the United States' dominant position in world economic and strategic institutions.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 01:45 AM PST
The Teleférico in La Paz is one of the longest aerial cable car systems in the world. It transports 60,000 passengers on average each day.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 01:24 PM PST
Snow, freezing rain and flooding threatened tens of thousands of people, many of them living in tents and other flimsy shelters without heat.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:26 PM PST
Abdul Ali Shamsi, the Kandahar deputy governor, was among 11 killed in a bombing seemingly tailored to shake the faith in government he had sought to restore.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 03:43 AM PST
Jay Y. Lee was summoned for questioning in connection with the corruption scandal that led to President Park Geun-hye's impeachment.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:23 PM PST
Photographs of the weapons were analyzed by the Small Arms Survey, which obtained them after an open-records dispute with the Australian military.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 07:50 PM PST
After eight years and one of the most contentious elections in memory, President Obama took the stage in Chicago to defend his agenda and to encourage unity in an increasingly fractured political landscape.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 09:51 PM PST
The president's confidence was etched with frustration over economic inequity, racism and closed-mindedness that he said imperiled the nation's democratic fabric.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 07:32 PM PST
The transcript and live video of President Obama's farewell address in Chicago.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 07:56 AM PST
Increasing tribalism goes beyond perceptions of news; it imperils the government's ability to function and democracy itself, researchers say.
Posted: 09 Jan 2017 09:49 AM PST
Hacking the latest airline guidelines for onboard baggage and overhead bin space.
Posted: 21 May 2016 08:26 AM PDT
Because of an F.D.A. labeling change, many consumers will learn that added sugars are in many products generally thought to be healthy.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:29 AM PST
A blizzard, the heaviest snowfall since 2009, was just what the city needed as it struggles with anxiety amid terrorism and political instability.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:16 AM PST
A strong blizzard brought the heaviest snowfall since 2009 to the Turkish city of Istanbul in the last week.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 11:49 AM PST
Hundreds will travel to the capital Saturday to make their voices heard on immigration issues, before what they fear may be a harsher regime takes hold.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 10:00 AM PST
The peatlands, covering an area the size of New York State, contain billions of tons of stored carbon but are vulnerable to warming and development.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 06:12 AM PST
The "Eight-Year War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression" will now be the "14-Year War," with the starting date moved back to 1931, the government said.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:26 PM PST
A majority of the 8,000 police officers surveyed feel their jobs are harder than ever.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:40 PM PST
Eighteen women and girls accused U.S.A. Gymnastics, Michigan State University and a gymnastics school of failing to prevent further abuse after the doctor was reported.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 02:00 AM PST
A sports agent thinks he has found a model for success where other leagues, built around castoff athletes, have failed to gain any traction.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 07:00 AM PST
The effort calls for, among other things, the company to forge deeper ties with news organizations by collaborating on publishing tools and features before they are released.
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 02:45 PM PST
Peter R. Rose, a precinct commander, contrasted sexual attacks on acquaintances with "true stranger rapes," which he called "the troubling ones."
Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:00 PM PST
The New Jersey university, in a partnership announced Tuesday, will establish the Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for American Music.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 02:00 AM PST
New research shows they shared many behaviors that we long believed to be uniquely human. Why did science get them so wrong?
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 12:19 PM PST
Netflix serves up "A Series of Unfortunate Events," with Neil Patrick Harris making a memorable villain.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 02:44 PM PST
On this week's podcast, the "Scandal" actress reads Leigh Newman's story of a family hunting excursion that proves revelatory.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 08:00 AM PST
Benita Rudolph, a Neediest Cases beneficiary, arrived in New York years ago to join a musical production. She now plans to become a practical nurse.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NYT > Home Page. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|