- Jeff Sessions, a Lifelong Outsider, Finds the Inside Track
- Jeff Sessions: Consistently Conservative
- ‘What’s the Big Deal?’ Ask Trump Voters on Russia Hacking Report
- The Interpreter: Russian Hackers Find Ready Bullhorns in the Media
- News Analysis: U.S. Reacting at Analog Pace to a Rising Digital Risk, Hacking Report Shows
- Asia and Australia Edition: Donald Trump, Jerusalem, Rafsanjani: Your Morning Briefing
- At Charleston Trial, a Question of How Many Tears Are Too Many
- The ‘Controlled Rage’ of Bull Riding
- Golden Globes Briefing: What to Watch For at the Golden Globes
- The Stone: Can Evolution Have a ‘Higher Purpose’?
- 4 Die as Palestinian Rams Truck Into Israeli Soldiers in Jerusalem
- Netanyahu Tried to Negotiate a Good Press in Return for Benefits-Media
- N.F.L. Playoffs: Packers Rediscover Offense to Lead Giants
- Seahawks 26, Lions 6: Seahawks Stifle the Detroit Lions for a Playoff Victory
- Texans 27, Raiders 14: Brock Osweiler and Texans Knock the Battered Raiders Out of the Playoffs
- Death of Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani Is Blow to Iran Reform Movement
- Crime Scene: It’s Right in the Name: Safes Are Safe. Except for Two on New Year’s Eve.
- Santa Delivered the Drone. But Not the Safety and Skill to Fly Them.
- Op-Ed Columnist: As Donald Trump Denies Climate Change, These Kids Die of It
- What We Saw in Madagascar
- Hillary Clinton Receives Ovation at ‘The Color Purple’
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Ties ‘Rogue One’ at Box Office
- Modern Language Association Moves to Reject Academic Boycott of Israel
- Nat Hentoff, Journalist and Social Commentator, Dies at 91
- The Public Editor: The Future of the Times: A View From the Top
- Along New York Harbor, ‘On the Waterfront’ Endures
- Seeing America Through Ángel Franco’s Eyes
- A Good Appetite: Swedish Meatballs, From the Comfort of Home
- The Neediest Cases: A Love Lost, and a Life to Be Regained
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 02:01 AM PST
An alliance with Donald J. Trump has paid off for Mr. Sessions in a fashion that few who know him ever imagined: Within days, he could be confirmed as attorney general.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 02:00 AM PST
Jeff Sessions, the Republican Alabama senator nominated for attorney general, found common ground with Donald J. Trump in their views on trade and immigration. Matt Apuzzo examines Mr. Sessions's life and career.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 05:50 PM PST
Supporters of President-elect Donald J. Trump have dismissed a report by U.S. intelligence officials accusing Russia of interfering in the election to undermine Hillary Clinton.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 10:52 AM PST
Journalists seek to serve the public interest, but sometimes find themselves unwilling — or unwitting — accomplices to a source's agenda.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 03:07 PM PST
The report, compiled by the F.B.I., the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency, reveals fundamental problems with American cyberdefenses.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 02:03 PM PST
Here's what you need to know to start your day.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 09:33 AM PST
Dylann Roof, convicted of killing nine churchgoers, finds the testimony from families of his victims excessive, and even the judge has misgivings.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 01:20 AM PST
Eight seconds is an eternity when you're on top of a bucking 1,700-pound animal. Hear from some of the world's best riders, now competing in a Professional Bull Riders event at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 03:56 PM PST
For casual movie fans, the annual Oscar race starts at the Golden Globes. Here are a few matters to consider ahead of the show.
Posted: 12 Dec 2016 12:23 AM PST
The biologist William D. Hamilton entertained the notion. So can we.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 04:08 PM PST
An attacker drove a truck into a group of soldiers as they were getting off a bus, an episode that the police called an act of terrorism.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 03:57 AM PST
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, under police investigation for suspected corruption, was caught on tape negotiating mutual benefits with an arch-foe, the owner of one of Israel's largest-selling newspapers, Israeli media reported on Sunday.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 04:05 PM PST
Earlier, the Pittsburgh Steelers dominated the Miami Dolphins. Stay here for live updates and analysis.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 08:34 PM PST
Thomas Rawls set a franchise playoff record with 161 rushing yards for Seattle, which won its 10th consecutive home playoff game.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 08:02 PM PST
Brock Osweiler, who was benched on Dec. 18 but got his job back because of Tom Savage's concussion, threw for only 168 yards but played his best game of the season.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 01:15 PM PST
Mr. Rafsanjani, 82, was one of the main voices in Iran calling for an outreach to the West and to the United States.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 07:59 AM PST
Burglars breached two safes at a jeweler's office on West 36th Street in Manhattan. How they did it raises important questions for investigators and the safe industry.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 03:00 AM PST
The holiday season was a boom time for drone sales, bringing a heightened risk to people and property, particularly when neophytes are at the controls.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 07:30 AM PST
Droughts caused by global warming have left southern Africa starved for food.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 07:30 AM PST
The incoming U.S. president, Donald Trump, has denied manmade climate change. The Times's Nicholas Kristof travels to drought-stricken Madagascar to see the unfolding crisis for himself.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 03:24 PM PST
Mrs. Clinton was among the boldface names at the revival on Sunday afternoon, for the last performance of the show.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 11:54 AM PST
In its first weekend in wide release "Hidden Figures," about unsung black heroines in the 1960s NASA space race, pulled in an estimated $22 million.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 07:00 PM PST
A vote by the scholarly group was the latest skirmish over the international movement known as Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 08:12 PM PST
Mr. Hentoff was an author, journalist, jazz critic and civil libertarian who called himself a troublemaker and proved it with a shelf of books and a mountain of essays.
Posted: 07 Jan 2017 11:59 AM PST
Change is coming to The New York Times. What will it mean for readers? The public editor sat down with the executive editor to find out.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 02:00 AM PST
Much has changed since the days when mobsters controlled the waterfront, but investigators say organized crime still has a presence there.
Posted: 04 Jan 2017 07:37 AM PST
Dan Barry, whose "This Land" column explores obscure and well-known corners of the United States, reflects on his collaboration with the photographer Ángel Franco.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 07:30 AM PST
These Scandinavian morsels are just about the most perfect thing you could make on a cold, wet evening.
Posted: 08 Jan 2017 08:00 AM PST
Alena Kastsiuk, an immigrant from Belarus, is struggling after the death of her husband.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NYT > Home Page. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|