Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
Ruaje këtë postim

most popular posts of 2016 Ask a Manager

loading...

most popular posts of 2016 Ask a Manager


most popular posts of 2016

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 09:01 PM PST

traffic-2016Ask a Manager's traffic continued to increase this year, with nearly 25 million visitors and more than 50 million page views. Thanks for your part in that!

Here are the posts that interested people the most this year, via two lists: the most commented on posts and the most viewed posts. Interestingly, this is the first year that there’s been so much overlap between the two lists. Historically, the “most viewed” list has been heavier on practical advice posts (how to write a cover letter, how long to wait to hear back after an interview, etc.), while the “most commented-on” list has been heavier on the more outrageous stuff. This year, they both tended toward the outrageous.

Most commented-on posts of 2016:

(doesn't include open threads or “ask the readers” posts, which otherwise would hold many of the top 10 places)

10. I'm in trouble for what I wore when when my boss made me pick him up for the airport in the middle of the night

9. Our boss will fire us if we don't sign up to be a liver donor for his brother

8. A coworker stole my spicy food, got sick, and is blaming me

7. My employees refuse to call their coworker by her real name

6. My cousin got in trouble after mentioning her period to her manager

5. I emailed my girlfriend's boss to complain that he encroached on our relationship

4. Interviewing a job candidate who won't shake hands with women

3. My boss freaked out when he saw my menstrual products and called me unprofessional

2. I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code

1. My best employee quit on the spot because I wouldn't let her go to her college graduation

Most viewed posts of 2016:

10. My manager shows up while I'm having chemotherapy to talk about work

9. I feel insulted by my raise — and I let my boss know it

8. Here's another example of a great cover letter

7. I was fired for taking initiative (and undermining my manager)

6. I emailed my girlfriend's boss to complain that he encroached on our relationship

5. Our boss will fire us if we don't sign up to be a liver donor for his brother

4. A coworker stole my spicy food, got sick, and is blaming me

3. The new overtime pay rules are here — if you earn less than $47,476, read this

2. I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code

1. My best employee quit on the spot because I wouldn't let her go to her college graduation

most popular posts of 2016 was originally published by Alison Green on Ask a Manager.

Related Posts :