- N.S.A. Gets More Latitude to Share Intercepted Communications
- Robots Will Take Jobs, but Not as Fast as Some Fear, New Report Says
- Robot Revolution: A Darker Theme in Obama’s Farewell: Automation Can Divide Us
- Why Do Our Recorded Voices Sound Weird to Us?
- Streaming: Is Watching a Movie on a Phone Really So Bad?
- Levi Felix, a Proponent of Disconnecting From Technology, Dies at 32
- Bits: Daily Report: Peter Thiel Is a Complicated Fellow
- Tech Tip: A New Destination for Files Downloaded From Microsoft Edge
- Norway Becomes First Country to Start Switching Off FM Radio
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 08:23 AM PST
New rules relax longstanding limits on what the National Security Agency may do with the information gathered by its most powerful surveillance operations.
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 02:01 PM PST
A study by the McKinsey Global Institute concludes that the automation of jobs is inevitable but that the process is likely to be gradual.
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 08:08 AM PST
The soon-to-be ex-president connected the economic disruptions caused by technology to a rise in political polarization.
Posted: 13 Jan 2017 05:07 AM PST
Many people are unpleasantly surprised when they hear recordings of themselves: Do we really sound like that?
Posted: 13 Jan 2017 03:59 AM PST
New ways of watching movies have long made film folk antsy. And for many, watching on a phone remains a line in the sand.
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 08:19 PM PST
Mr. Felix championed the virtues of unplugging from smartphones and co-founded Digital Detox retreats and camps to help people reconnect in real life.
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 09:22 AM PST
Likes? "Star Wars" and Donald J. Trump. The ever-so-contrary Silicon Valley billionaire discusses his way of looking differently at the world.
Posted: 12 Jan 2017 09:16 AM PST
Microsoft's Windows 10 browser puts files in the Downloads folder by default, but you can pick a new place to store those fresh-off-the-web items.
Posted: 11 Jan 2017 10:45 AM PST
The country began turning off FM broadcasting on Wednesday, a move to digital that has some people worried about the consequences.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NYT > Technology. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|