- Putin Ordered ‘Influence Campaign’ Aimed at U.S. Election, Report Says
- After Security Meeting, Trump Admits Possibility of Russian Hacking
- Donald Trump’s Statement After Intelligence Briefing on Hacking
- <div>Trump Insists Mexico Will Pay for Wall After U.S. Begins the Work</div>
- ‘It Is Over’: Democrats’ Efforts to Deny Trump Presidency Fail
- Hospital Confirms Eric Trump Helped Raise $16.3 Million for It
- Transition Briefing: No Target Too Small, Trump Intervenes to Oust Ohio’s G.O.P. Chair
- Dan Coats, the ‘Mister Rogers’ Senator Poised to Be Intelligence Chief
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting Leaves 5 Dead
- Donald Trump, Fort Lauderdale: Your Friday Evening Briefing
- California Today: California Today: Cracking Down on Distracted Driving
- Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant to Close by 2021
- Hiring Is Tepid, but Jobs Report Shows Sustained Wage Growth
- Economic Legacy: How Obama’s Jobs Record Stacks Up
- Is Your Workout Not Working? Maybe You’re a Non-Responder
- Inside a Killer Drug Epidemic: A Look at America’s Opioid Crisis
- Sensing Gains Ahead Under Trump, the Kochs Court Minorities
- Syrian Girls Do Robotics
- Volkswagen Said to Be Close to Settling Justice Inquiry Into Emissions
- The Public Editor: Friday Mailbag: Taunts, Hoaxes, Anonymity and Stealth
- Texas Moves to Limit Transgender Bathroom Access
- China Aims to Spend at Least $360 Billion on Renewable Energy by 2020
- U.S. Lists Bin Laden’s Son as a ‘Global Terrorist’
- Dozens of Inmates Killed as Prison Violence Escalates in Brazil
- Cardinal Tobin, New Newark Archbishop, Cites ‘Chasm Between Life and Faith’
- Trilobites: Light Pillars, a Million-Mirror Optical Illusion on Winter Nights
- In Sweden, Happiness in a Shorter Workday Can’t Overcome the Cost
- Tilikum, the Killer Whale Featured in ‘Blackfish,’ Dies
- Winter Storm Threatens Atlanta and Rest of Southeast
- Your Money: How to Pounce on Best Credit Card Offers (Before Banks Pull Them)
- ‘I Thought I Was Impervious to Scams’: Readers Denounce India’s Phone Swindlers
- Retiring: For Millennials, It’s Never Too Early to Save for Retirement
- Books of The Times: Review: ‘The Meaning of Michelle,’ a First Lady Unlike Any Other
- Still Processing: Four Movies You Should Know About Before the Golden Globes
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 03:11 PM PST
Intelligence officials said President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia turned from seeking to "denigrate" Hillary Clinton to developing "a clear preference" for President-elect Donald J. Trump.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 12:23 PM PST
In an interview Friday morning before the briefing, he repeatedly criticized the intense attention to the allegations of hacking by Russia.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 12:28 PM PST
The president-elect acknowledged that Russia and other countries were involved in cyberattacks against U.S. targets, including the Democratic National Committee.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 11:58 AM PST
President-elect Donald J. Trump made the comments after Republicans in Congress started discussing ways to include money for the barrier in spending bills.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 12:15 PM PST
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. turned back their challenges with a stoic message, pounding his gavel without hesitation. "It is over," he said.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 09:15 AM PST
An official at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Tennessee said the Eric Trump Foundation had helped raised the money over the past decade.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 02:59 PM PST
President-elect Donald J. Trump pressured Republican activists by phone, determined to remove an Ohio Party official who had publicly opposed his campaign.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 08:20 PM PST
Mr. Coats, an amiable Indianan who just completed his second Senate stint, served on his chamber's Intelligence Committee and was ambassador to Germany.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 01:45 PM PST
The Broward County Sheriff's Office said a suspect had been taken into custody.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 03:45 PM PST
Here's what you need to know at the end of the day.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 05:09 AM PST
Friday: A strict new law for drivers, climate change hits wine country, and the California origins of "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay."
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 10:38 AM PST
The shutdown has been a long-held priority for Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, who has said the plant poses too great a risk to New York City, less than 30 miles to the south.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 12:55 PM PST
The labor data, including an unemployment rate that edged up to 4.7 percent, show an economy that is solid as a new president prepares to take office.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 09:55 AM PST
Comparing his performance with that of other presidents: Things could have been much worse, and at the start, they were.
Posted: 03 Jan 2017 05:50 AM PST
People who don't benefit from endurance workouts may get results from interval training, and vice versa, a new study suggests.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 02:01 AM PST
The opioid epidemic killed more than 33,000 people in 2015. What follows are stories of a national affliction that has swept the country, from cities on the West Coast to bedroom communities in the Northeast.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 05:58 PM PST
Anticipating a fossil fuel resurgence, the ultraconservative brothers, who run an oil and petroleum conglomerate, are busily expanding their outreach.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 01:30 AM PST
In Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, hundreds of Syrian refugee girls participated in a science and tech workshop designed to inspire them to pursue careers in STEM fields.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 01:24 PM PST
The settlement, for more than $2 billion, in a federal criminal inquiry could come as early as next week, people briefed on the negotiations said.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 03:28 PM PST
Should The Times have added a note to an updated story? And was a child's taunt truly populist — or was it just plain old bigotry?
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 06:03 PM PST
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick announced the filing of a bill similar to one in North Carolina last year that caused a political uproar and led to boycotts.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 05:22 PM PST
China's announcement was a bold claim on leadership in the renewable energy industry, where Chinese companies are already among the world's dominant players.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 12:32 PM PST
The son, Hamza bin Laden, who has vowed to avenge his father's death, is "actively engaged in terrorism," the State Department said.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 12:19 PM PST
The deaths of at least 33 prisoners, coming days after a massacre at a jail in the city of Manaus, adds to fears about an intensifying war between drug gangs.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 01:34 PM PST
Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, who made headlines standing up for nuns and refugees, was installed on Friday as the leader of the Archdiocese of Newark.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 08:08 AM PST
It might look like a mother ship hovering above the planet, waiting to carry you away. It's really an interplay of icy clouds and light pollution.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 10:01 AM PST
A six-hour experimental workday in one of Sweden's largest cities made employees happier and healthier, but the test is unlikely to be expanded.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 09:13 AM PST
SeaWorld announced that orca, thought to have been around 36 years old, died after suffering health problems, including a lung infection.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 08:17 AM PST
Snow, sleet and freezing rain were forecast in Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina and other states in the South.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 03:00 AM PST
Even if you thought you'd had enough of card-hopping, you might consider grabbing one of those eye-popping sign-up bonuses.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 06:36 AM PST
Many responding to a Times article about a call center voiced sympathy for the victims of fraud, and anger at the criminals and a system that does little to protect the vulnerable.
Posted: 06 Jan 2017 02:00 AM PST
A snapshot of five millennials shows that some of them are very serious about saving for retirement, busting the myth that their age group is free-spending.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 01:45 PM PST
Sixteen writers, many of them African-American women, share what it's been like to witness Michelle Obama in the White House, in a new collection edited by Veronica Chambers.
Posted: 05 Jan 2017 03:50 AM PST
We like a couple. We're mixed on another. And one we flat-out hate. That's life — at the movies, anyway.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NYT > Home Page. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|